The following sections outline the scope and duration of the Lucretia Product Warranty which accompanies each Lucretia product.
Please note that different warranty terms apply, based on the end use of the product in question.
NOTE: nothing is this document is intended to alter or otherwise amend any rights available to Lucretia’s customers under Schedule 2, Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (Australian Consumer Law)
THE LUCRETIA STANDARD PRODUCT WARRANTY
The Lucretia Standard Product Warranty applies to the sale of all products which are not deemed ‘Products for Commercial Use’, as defined in this document, and is VALID FOR 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
Where a product appears to be faulty, Lucretia will, as a preliminary step, assess the fault to confirm whether the fault is inherent to the product, or has been caused by mishandling or misuse.
Before you lodge a claim, please note that:
- In most circumstances, the Lucretia Standard Product Warranty only relates to the product supplied by Lucretia, and does not cover any related labour or re-installation costs. Therefore, the Lucretia Standard Product Warranty excludes, to the fullest extent possible under the law, any labour costs associated with the disassembly / removal or re-installation of any lighting products.
- The Lucretia Standard Product Warranty does not cover faults or damage attributable to faulty installation. Please ensure that your electrician is able to supply a Certificate of Electrical Safety, as this may be required when assessing your claim.
Where a product is found to be faulty as a result of a manufacturing or other defect not attributable to use by a customer, Lucretia offers a replacement warranty (Replacement Warranty). The Replacement Warranty provides you with additional peace of mind, by ensuring that when a manufacturing fault is identified, Lucretia will provide you with a replacement product (rather than a repaired product).
The Lucretia Replacement Warranty is only valid when these conditions are met:
- You must email the Lucretia Lighting Service Department within 48 hours of discovering a fault or defect (or immediately after the fault or defect s discovered / apparent after installation).
- You must complete Returns and Exchange Form; this can be sent to you by our service team or is easily located on the bottom of this page.
- You must send images / video of the issue(s) to our service department in the allotted time frame with your order number and all other relevant details
- You must provide a written summary of the exact issue(s)
- You must provide a Certificate of Electrical Safety that would have been provided by your chosen electrician upon completion of installation. Please contact your electrician immediately before contacting us to obtain this certificate – we cannot process your request until this is received.
- Finally, the faulty/ damaged products must be returned in order to receive replacement product(s).
You may then choose to be supplied with the same product, or instead with another product of your choosing. If the cost of the replacement product is more than the original product purchased, you must pay the difference. If the replacement product is less than the original product purchased, Lucretia Lighting will refund the difference.
For the avoidance of doubt, Lucretia Lighting is not responsible for any costs that you may have incurred in the installation, disassembly / removal or reinstallation of a product.
Lucretia offers free parts replacement for product(s) with missing or damaged parts where the following conditions are met;
- You must contact Lucretia within 48 hours of successfully receiving your product(s);
- You have your Order Number;
- You send images of the broken parts / describe which part is missing (if known); and
- The parts in question are not required for the electrical operation of the product.
Where the parts in question are required for the electrical operation of the product, this will be treated as a product fault and dealt with as such.
If you do not contact us with the relevant information within 48 hours of successful delivery of your product(s), all required parts (either missing or replacement) will be chargeable, as well as a freight charge for the items to be delivered to your shipping address.
Otherwise, if the above conditions are met, Lucretia will provide or replace such products if they are missing or damaged upon arrival of your product.
PRODUCTS DAMAGED UPON ARRIVAL
If the packaging of your product(s) is damaged upon delivery, please do not accept the delivery from the courier, and request that the product is sent back to the Croydon South Warehouse. We will organise a replacement product(s) for you, provided the following conditions are met:
- You reject the delivery from the courier company
- You contact us the same day the delivery is rejected
- You have your order number and (if possible) a tracking number
PRODUCTS FOR COMMERCIAL USE
Please note that the Lucretia Standard Product Warranty only applies to product(s) purchased for domestic or household purposes. This means that for any products purchased for the purpose of resale or resupply, or where the product in question cost more than $40,000, the Lucretia Standard Product Warranty will not apply.
Any order (or group of orders) that calls for the delivery of 10 or more lighting products to a single location, or in respect of a single project will be deemed to be the supply of products for resale or resupply for the purposes of this policy.
Where products are supplied for commercial use, Lucretia provides a Commercial Warranty (Commercial Warranty). The Commercial Warranty is identical in its terms to the Lucretia Standard Product Warranty, HOWEVER, ONLY APPLIES FOR 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.